Kids go wild over new rooms, and it can be hard to resist wanting a big makeover every year. But turning their bedroom into a wonderland doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. You can just add a few inexpensive and easily achieved DIY projects to create a brand-new look your kids will love.
To keep your kid’s room looking up-to-date without going overboard, stick to five simple interior design tips:
- Keep the color palette simple. Use one color or just a few smaller shades.
- Use natural textures — like wood, cotton, and sheepskin — as accents.
- Keep a balance. Pick out one or two major items, like a bed, rug, or dresser, and then mix in a few smaller items, like a cushion, lamp, or artwork, for balance.
- Layer. Keep one color or pattern throughout the room, but throw in a few smaller accents from other rooms, like artwork or pillows.
- Balance out. Place a light fixture in the center of a room and hang artwork on either side of it.
We’ve all seen the pictures: You’ve just moved into a new home, and your kids’ bedroom is a disaster. The toys are piled high, the walls are painted bright colors, and there’s barely enough room for your kid to crawl into their bed at night. Why can’t these kids just let their room be? It’s important to your children’s mental health to have an organized room, and the room you design for them should teach them organization skills, promote creativity, and encourage relaxation.
Another Interior Design for Children
- Kid’s Room Interior Design Inspiration. When decorating a kid’s room, it’s important to consider their personality and interests. When choosing colors, textures, and themes, consider their hobbies, favorite cartoon characters, and favorite things. Their favorite color, for example, could influence your design choices.
- Best Layouts for Your Kid’s Interior Design. When it comes to interior design for kids, there’s no wrong or right way to go about it, but some layouts are better than others. Kids’ rooms should be fun, energetic, and youthful—so if you’re giving your child’s room a makeover, how do you choose what goes where?
- Girls Room Interior Design Ideas. Girls’ room interior design ideas are surprisingly easy to create. When designing a girl’s room, think pink, fun, cute, and girly. Consider painting the walls pink, adding pink accents, and adding pink furniture. Place a shelf on the wall with a doll or books placed on top. Consider a hot pink dresser or Cinderella chair. There are many options for the girl’s room, and interior design ideas are cheap and easy.
- Boys Room Interior Design Ideas – A boy’s room is their escape from the outside world. They love to play in there, hide there, and play fight there. Like any other room in the house, a boy’s room must be well decorated, preferably with their favorite colors in their favorite theme.
- Calming Colors for Children – Some children react better to bright and stimulating colors. Others respond better to more calming colors. Both types may benefit from colors that balance their moods. Any color can be calming, but certain shades help calm us more than others.
- Money-Saving Tricks for Kid’s Room Interior Design – Kids can be incredibly expensive, especially when it comes to interior design. But with a little creativity and a few savvy tricks, you can get your kids’ rooms looking as cute as they can be without breaking the bank.
Every kid wants a bedroom designed just for them, and as a parent, you want to let your imagination run wild. After all, kids’ rooms are a blank canvas, and one of the best parts about decorating them is that you get to be a kid again. But coming up with the right design does not come easy sometimes. No two homes are the same, which holds true for kid’s interior design as well. Home improvement projects such as redecorating your kids’ bedroom can be challenging. The good thing is a bedroom’s interior design varies widely based on personal preferences and tastes and factors such as budget, home size, lifestyle, and location.