It’s that time of year again…time for house guests! And while you’re excited to have company, it can be a bit stressful when your house still needs some cleaning after the holidays and you’re not used to having people stay for more than a night or two. However, with a little planning, you can help ensure your guests are comfortable in your home and able to enjoy themselves without worrying or stressing about the essentials.
- Create a Guest Shower. Make sure they have everything they might need for a comfortable stay. That’s why it’s important to make your guest shower comfortable. Having one ready to go is essential for any house guest, making the experience more pleasant.
- Prepare a Welcome Basket. Everyone loves a well-planned, thoughtful welcome basket. It’s a thoughtful gift showing you care about whoever you welcome into your home.
- Stock Up on Dish Soap. And if you’re hosting for the first time, there’s a lot you may not know about preparing your home for guests. From making sure you have enough toilet paper and soap to having enough towels, knowing these things ahead of time will make hosting house guests a lot easier.
- Decorate the Bathroom. While your guests are staying over, you’ll want to leave a good impression and so having a bathroom that will make it easy for them to get ready in the morning is a must.
- Prepare a Guest Book. Before you invite your guests, take a few minutes to create a guest book. Then, before you greet your guests, you can pass around your book, so they can sign and leave their best wishes. Your guests will be impressed by your thoughtfulness and happy to leave their messages.
- Create and Prep a Vacation Snack Tray. It’s easy to pack snacks for guests, especially when we know they’ll be hungry after a long day of traveling, but we don’t always want to have to hover over the snack table all day. To save ourselves some time and effort, we can create a “snack tray” ahead of time to bring to the fridge, meaning we can grab one or two items when guests arrive.
- Create a Welcome Card. By creating a welcome host card, you can greet your guests with a special message, and they will leave with something to remind them of you. It’s simple, thoughtful, and the perfect touch when welcoming house guests into your home.
- Bring a Welcome Gift. To avoid suppressing their appetite and dampening their spirits, it’s always a good idea to plan a few special items to create a welcome impression upon arrival.
- Create a Guest Cookbook. When it comes right down to it, however, there is nothing worse than having no supplies on hand for a guest. Fortunately, preparing ahead of time and creating a packet of recipes (or a cookbook) for your guests can help make your hosting duties much easier.
- Create a House Manual. Before you host house guests, create a house manual. These guidelines will help you better manage your home and prevent mishaps that could create a less-than-ideal houseguest experience.
Hosting house guests can be exciting, but it can also be stressful. From ensuring you have enough food for everyone to ensuring your guests have everything, they need while staying in your home, there’s a lot to do.
There are a few key things to know if you’re looking to accommodate house guests. Hopefully, the above list will make accommodating and pleasing them much easier. The main thing is to have enough stocks of things to accommodate the extra guests.